The entire surface of the workpiece can be tooled and finished by clamping with a maximum of torque transmission. NEIDLEIN face drivers are mechanical clamping systems which are suited for turning as well as hard turning.
Face drivers of type FSB / SB are power-operated by the thrust of the tailstock. Workpieces are clamped centrically using a movable center pin. This way different centerings can be adjusted, thus ensuring a constant datum-point at the end face of the workpieces.
NEIDLEIN face drivers FSB / SB with movable center pins ensure:
- a maximum of torque transmission, thus achieving high metal removing rates
- datum-point at the end face of the workpiece stable datum-point in case of different centerings
- extended tool-life of driving devices and cutting tools due to vibration-free running
- run-out deviation max.: 0.015 - 0.02 mm
- clamping force is triggered by tailstock
- fixed center pin/fixed datum-point in clamped state
- compensating driving devices/ideal clamping of the workpiece
- simple handling
Type FSBwith flange retainer
Type FSB is mounted onto the machine spindle nose using a flange adapter.
Type SBwith MK- or cylindrical retainer
Type SB with taper shank and extracting nut for fast mounting into the machine spindle.