The entire surface of the workpiece can be finished with one single clamping and with a maximum of torque transmission. NEIDLEIN face drivers are clamping systems, which are equally suitable for grinding soft and hard workpieces.
Face drivers of types FFB / FFBH are power-operated on the side of the spindle.
Originally conceived for turning, face drivers of type FFB / FFBH provide a multitude of possible applications for grinding. Without retraction of drive pins and with NEIDLEIN retainer Ø 100 type FFB / FFBH provides an alternative to face drivers of type FFBR/FBSR, especially when machining large-size workpieces.
When FFBH is used, the compensation of drive pins is implemented hydraulically, thus achieving excellent true runout results.
NEIDLEIN face drivers FFB / FFBH with fixed center pin ensure:
- maximum of torque transmission, thus achieving a high rate of metal removing
- datum-point location in the center of the workpiece ensures constant measures of length
- extended service life of drive pins and cutting tools due to vibration-free running
- run-out deviation max.: 0.002 - 0.01 mm
- fixed clamping location
- compensating driving devices/ideal clamping of the workpiece
- easy handling
Type FFBwith flange retainer
Type FFB is adapted onto the machine spindle using an adjustable flange adapter.
Typ FFBHwith flange retainer
Type FFBH is adapted onto the machine spindle using an adjustable flange adapter.